Salary Offer:£10.77 - £12.26 per hour
- Salary Offer: 10.77 - 12.26
- Job Reference: Baggage Handlers
Taungoo Premier Recruitment Solutions Ltd are looking to recruit Baggage Handlers, Forklift Drivers and General Warehouse staff for work at Southampton Docks. You will be working with our client in Southampton and help with the loading and unloading of passenger luggage, working onboard the Cruise liners and offering customer service to passengers enquiries.
As this is a customer service position, candidates are required to have great communication skills, smart appearance (specific dress code) and some knowledge of the locations you will be working at. You will be supplied with a map for all of the locations that you could be working at, so that you are familiar of the area.
Mairena del Alcor Requirements:
- order ivermectin Safety Shoes
- High Visability Vest (Yellow)
- Blue Shirt (Light Blue) or White Shirt
- Black Smart Trousers / Cargo Trousers
- Excellent Timekeeping
- Reliable and Professional at all times
- Friendly and helpful to both fellow Team Members and Passengers
- All Weather workers
Candidates need no previous experience as training offered by Premier Recruitment Solutions and the client on your first day.
This position is very flexible where you can pick and choose what days you work. Yes, that is right. Do you only want a weekend shift? We can help you with that. You would like to only work one Saturday in a month? We can sort that out for you! You want as many hours as we can give you? We can sort that for you.
The only expectations of you when commiting to the work, is that you complete your whole shift. We cannot guarantee an actual finish time – however we can give you a guesstimate. If you have to be away by a certain time, we will always make the rquest before you start – but cannot guarantee that it will be authorised and so would ask that you do not commit to work without authorisation first (if requiring an earlier finish time).
There is no minimum requirement which means you can work as little or as many shifts as you want.
Weekly Pay : You will be paid on a Friday (weekly).
Location : Southampton Docks (operations can take place from various berths – so please familiarise yourself with locations once assigned – ask me for a Map upon agreeing the shift).
Pay: depends on skill / day.
Minimum Hours: Operatives working a shift will be paid a minimum of 4 hours pay. This means that if you are placed on standby, and are allowed to leave as a result of not being required – you will be guaranteed a minimum 4 hours pay.
Maximum Hours: Operatives are expected to work on a “job complete” basis. This means that you are not assured of set hours, and your shift is job finish. Candidates should be aware that on busy days, you could be working over 10hrs and so should not accept work if you have “made plans” at the end of the day.
Shifts are offered by way of phone call and or text. When our client is in requirement, you will recieve a phone call or text message several days in advance requesting your availability and whether you can start shifts at set times. Not being available will not result in us not contacting you again for future shifts – we appreciate people cannot be available all the time, so you will always get a request no matter whether you have done zero, 1, 5, 10, or 15 shifts!
Shift start times vary depending on 1) The Berth you work out of 2) The time the Ships come in 3) The task which you undertake.
- If you accept the work, you will be required to attend your shift.
- Operatives MUST comply with the dress code. Failure to do so could result in you being turned away from shift and therefore not paid for work. This could also result in a charge per item of clothing used/supplied if done so by the client.
- Operatives not on time for shift, could be turned away from work. We always suggest that operatives turn up for work 15-20mins early so as to give you enough time to sign in with the crew – we suggest this to ensure you are not turned away.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Berths and Dock Gates before shift. This will ensure that you are on time and not in a panic trying to find location. The docks are large – therefore if travelling by foot, you could be looking at up to a half hour walk to navigate yourself to the correct berth that you will be working out of. Operatives will be checked in at the start of shift by someone from the agency, and then given your Pass to enter the Terminals/Cruise Ships by the management team of the client.
- Operatives must register with Premier Recruitment Solutions in order to be considered / accepted for shifts.
- Applicants MUST be over 18.
- Free Parking available – please ask for information on how to claim this for your shift. Anyone parking without being authorised free parking, are liable for any parking tickets recieved.
For all information or to discuss, please call Karl: 02380 202666. I will be able to fully go through this position with you and offer you the correct training to ensure you are prepared for your first shift.
All applicants will be called within 48hrs of application.
We look forward to hearing from you and booking you for our next / upcomming shifts!