Salary Offer:Up to £60000 per annum
- Salary Offer: 60000 - 60000
- Job Reference: CMPLA101
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planner. My client is in a time of unprecedented growth, and as such they are expanding their workforce. This vacancy exists within the Devon and Cornwall offices and will oversee a number of projects through out the Cornwall region.
They have secured a number of design and build residential jobs in the region for between £14million and £30million..
As a Planner you will provide a full planning service during pre-qualification, tender, contract and post contract stages. The role will support the aim of the company in serving all customers’ design and construction needs. This will be achieved through:
- The development of key working relationships with the company teams, clients and consultants
- Working in close partnership with local supply chain partners and using local expertise and knowledge
- Contributing to long-term customer partnerships ensuring repeat business
- Ensuring delivery on time, to budget and to agreed quality.
- Ensuring procedures are followed / maintained and that authorization parameters are not exceeded thus ensuring compliance with our group procedures
- Be fully conversant with Asta Power Project planning software and other market leading software such as Microsoft
- Prepare programmes and methodology statements in line with the requirements of the contract.
- Prepare our programmes in such a format to ensure the following elements/main headings are included/linked – key date schedules, site set up, design, procurement, risk register, information required, provisional sums, delivery period (construction), and close out period
- Ensure that training processes are in place to develop the operational and commercial team’s ability and knowledge to build programmes and to monitor/record the daily/weekly/monthly progress
- Assist in the production of information that is required to contribute to tenders as and when required
- Ensure that our programmes are linked to the following – RFI, CVI, SI processes and our drawing management system/transmittal is linked to the Information Required Schedule
- Produce site logistics and layout plans indicating site access / egress and distribution methods.
- Identify and capture relevant information to allow the planning and execution of the works to an achievable and competitive timescale
- Liaise with sub-contractors to obtain information on lead-in periods, working period and methods.
- Assist in the production of short term programmes to allow the planning, execution and monitoring of the works compared against the contract programme
- Liaise with specialist contractors to ensure that works are constructed in accordance with the latest information and ask for their assistance in the provision of information that may assist you in the assembly of your programme namely lead in and design periods.
- Carry out independent site visits to monitor progress.
- Produce progress reports based on site visits for use at internal and external reviews.
- Assess the scaffold requirements of a project at tender stage and produce a scaffold schedule for pricing.
- Attend internal and external reviews to discuss methodology, programme and progress.
- Prepare short term programmes to assist the site team in achieving short term targets in line with the contract programme
- Be responsible for day to day planning issues as required by your line manager /Operations Director / Planning Manager/Pre Construction Manager
- Produce and maintain progress records for use on extension of time / claim situations. This is to include the production of as built programmes
- Integrate into the site / regional team to ensure good communication and openness is prevalent
- Constant review of our programme template looking at ways to develop/improve our method of working, reduction of risk, reporting internally and externally
- Develop a set of planning procedures
- Liaise with project Quantity Surveyor to assist in a an accurate project cash flow at commencement and ensure periodic updates throughout the scheme
It is expected that the individual must have attained the technical skills, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in construction related subject
- Membership of the CSCS scheme
- Asta Power Project Levels 1 & 2
- First Aid at Work
- A good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials
- Demonstrable construction experience
- A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
- Be fully IT competent
- Have a full understanding of planning techniques and the use of relevant software
For more information on this role, please call Craig on 02380 202666