Salary Offer:£9.00 - £11.00 per hour
- Salary Offer: 9.00 - 11.00
- Job Reference: Van Driver (Prtsmth)
Premier Recruitment Solutions are working with a client based in Portsmouth, who are looking for immediate start – Van Drivers. We are looking for between 7-10 Drivers, so if you have friends that are looking – please direct them to this vacancy.
This is a temporary position through the agency which could lead to permanent contracts for the right individuals.
Applicants should be and will have the following when applying for this position:
- Current and Valid Driving licence with no points
- No disqulifications, NI, DD or DR
- Previous Experience in a Transit Van (not essential but preferable)
- Over 21 years old
- Knowledge of the local area (not essential but preferable)
- Be physically fit as this is a demanding role
Applicants will be expected to do the following:
- Load and Unload your vehicle safely
- Scan products on and off the vehicle
- Check the quality of packed orders
- Complete all documnetation as per company procedure
- Keep the load safe when driving
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
- Arrive for work on time as deliveries are timed
Drivers will be doing anything between 5-15 deliveries per day, depending on location. In some cases you will return to the depot for a second load as the nature of the job means that you would not be able to get all your deliveries on the van for the whole route.
Drivers will start for duty at 08:00am and your expected finish time is between 17:00/18:00pm depending on location of deliveries. Some flexibilty will be required as like any driving job, you may not finish on time. You will be expected to complete every delivery and not return with any products on your Van – unless they are organised returns.
The job you are doing is customer facing and will be deliveries that have been booked by the customer – therefore good customer service and communication skills are required as you are the face of the business. This is also the reason that you must complete all deliveries – as customers have booked for the time slots and are expecting your arrival.
This is a physically demanding job with some heavy lifting involved – please ensure you are aware of this before applying.
Days and Hours:
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00am until finish (normally finish between 17:00pm/18:00pm)
- Saturdays are optional and will be discussed at contact between you and I.
- No Sundays
- No Nights
Full Training is offered and you will have a short induction on your first day.