- Job Reference BD361
The role of the Adviser is an important sales and advisory role in the Company. The role primarily involves selling and renewing contracts of Insurance be this stand alone or as a package.
The Adviser will manage an existing book of business but will also be expected to assist with new enquiries to expand the Company’s client base and working alongside other advisor to hit company targets.
Success in the role will primarily be judged on achievement of own Key Performance Indicators along with adherence to company policies and procedures. The Adviser is expected to deliver effective, quality advice and efficient customer service combined with a commitment to own professional development.
- Deal with nominated new business enquiries in a proactive manner or pass to Account Executive where required.
- Present a professional image of oneself and Alan & Thomas Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Engage with A&T’s marketing strategy
- Assist Head of Trading to achieve renewal retention, growth and new business targets
- Deal with nominated new business enquiries in a proactive manner or pass to Account Executive where required
- Administration of client’s insurance requirements on a daily basis including general enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments, obtaining quotations and accounting procedures
- Review the demands and needs of assigned customers and advise on the most appropriate insurances to meet their demands and needs.
- Produce high quality Broking submission reports and broke risks to the Insurance market demonstrating effective negotiation skills.
- Ensure high quality client documentation is produced and provide to clients.
- Liaise with insurers and other third parties regarding client’s insurance needs building effective business relationships
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues assisting in achievement of overall company objectives
- Adhere to FCA regulations and requirements
- Comply with company procedures and policies
- Comply with the requirements of Alan & Thomas’s Training and Competence scheme
- Embrace, promote and comply with company values
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate good business sense
- Possession of initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent administration skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to assess priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally represent the Company
- Higher level of interpersonal skills and self-motivation – Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships with all stakeholders, i.e. prospects / clients / insurers / colleagues.
- Solution driven and creative.
- Computer literate with thorough understanding of Company software, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Report writing
- Commitment to progress towards Cert CII a necessity Technical Experience
- Excellent understanding of Commercial Insurance products Experience Required
- Previous Broking experience an advantage
£24,000 – £28,000 Basic salary
Monday – Friday
9am – 5:15pm